OBESSED: COOLA’s Mineral SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint, Mineral SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint and Mineral SPF 30 Cucumber Matte Finish. $36
Flawless skin – stunning.
Naturally shield and nourish skin everyday with this antioxidant-infused, mineral matte SPF 30 sunscreen. Offering broad-spectrum UVA/UVB plus environmental protection, this lightly tinted, unscented formula gives skin an immediate line-smoothing finish. Made with organic Rose Hip Oil, rich in free radical fighting Vitamin C; and organic calming Evening Primrose, delivering abundant Omega-3 and Gamma-Linolenic Acid to improve elasticity and help skin retain moisture. Organic Shea Butter smoothes and hydrates while the phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates skin.
I was thrilled to revisit The Organic Pharmacy on Beverly Drive, since having checked it out years ago. Wow, have I been missing out! Walk in and you're immediately intoxicated by a wave of heavenly scents. These organic oils and concoctions are so pure and delicious the smell literally stopped me in my tracks for a serious "oh my goddddddd" moment that lasted a good two minutes.
The facial treatment list is founded upon their principles: organic, natural, high potency, pure, homeopathic.
I had a fantastic signature facial from the manager Kerry Wall, a sublimely talented aesthetician and all around organic skin guru who has been with The Organic Pharmacy for ten years.
Their facial treatments have been designed to use massage techniques, lymphatic drainage and acupressure massage to support the skin’s ability to heal itself. Lymphatic drainage reduces puffiness an the high potency organic ingredients enable the skin to repair and regenerate. Masks, extractions, massage – my skin was exquisite aftewards. GLOWING.
Whilst studying homeopathy I became aware of Organic and what it meant. Shocked that I had been unaware of the level of poisonous pesticides used in our food and the questionable ingredients used in cosmetics, I decided to use my herbal, homeopathic and pharmaceutical knowledge to create a shopping haven free from chemicals found in other stores, a place where expert knowledge on well being, herbs and homeopathic remedies were readily available. My principles were very simple, the best organic ingredients, honest expert advice, quality service, incredibly effective products and a caring environment. I took the idea to my husband Franco whose design skills and vision turned The Organic Pharmacy into a modern day health and beauty centre.
Our first store opened in 2002 on Chelsea’s trendy Kings Road and very soon we had complete synergy with our customers many of whom are still with us today. More London stores followed and in 2008 we opened our first store in Los Angeles. We still stick with our strong principles and pride ourselves on the passion that we share for quality, efficacy and above all a dedication to you.
To this end we strive to give you as much information as possible. Whether you suffer from breast cancer, skin allergies and sensitivities or you want to optimise your skin and health, an informed, honest choice is your right, we encourage all our customers to ask as many questions as they need to and we are there to support you every step of the way.
Our aim is to bring you the best products, advice and treatments free from all the toxic ingredients commonly found in mainstream cosmetics and health products. From our herbal and homeopathic dispensary we custom blend herbs and homeopathic remedies to suit your needs. Expert advice from our qualified professional team means you are able to fulfill all your health and beauty needs.
We believe that through informed choice, you the consumer should be empowered by knowledge so that you can decide what products to buy. We hope that we have shown the world it is possible to choose an organic product that is beautiful to look at, luxurious to use and more effective than its synthetic counterparts without compromising your health or beauty.
Pure, real, organic products don't mess around. This is the real thing, peeps.
I am CRAZY about KERSTIN FLORIAN's sunblock. It is literally the best smelling cream I have ever experienced. I put in on just to smell it! Of course LANCER SKINCARE is classic. I've been rocking their entire line for the past few months.
I generally chalk up being told my skin is "good" to genetics. My grandmother turned 100 a week ago this Sunday (yes 100!) and her skin is still porcelain white. I would be lying if I said I totally abandoned a skincare regimen however. I have tried and tried it all! As a result of my research: the basics work best for me: cleanse, protect (spf), treat (as needed), and moisturize.
Upon receiving my Murad samples I had some initial anxiety related to the cleanser – anythingwith the label AHA/BHA screams "ABRASIVE!!" and tends to leave my skin irritated and closer to rose than peaches and cream. But, after using these products that fear slipped away.
Infused with Salicylic, Lactic and Glycolic Acids the Cleanser: AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser helps to brighten, clarify and improve cell-turnover by dissolving dead skin cell buildup. The package recommended I use this bad boy 2-3 times a week. I want to cheat and use it daily! Alas, I will maintain some shred of self control :)
Next up: Murad's Perfecting Day Cream Spf 30. This moisturizer provides hydration and an spf of 30 to fight against free radical damage. Additionally, essentially fatty acids in the cream provide hydration and soy flour increases skin's elasticity. This cream went on like butter! Usually moisturizers sink in leaving a bit of a residue (ie. oil slick) afterwards. After using this cream my skin felt supple, clean and smooth and a great base to apply before my sheer foundation.
soooo many product and treatments to fill you in on – i don't know where to start.
1. so far, no replacement for the toxic-much-debated Brazilian Blowout. sorry peeps. so far i've tried 4 au-natural-chem-free attempts at hair de-frizzing and they all suck-ass. so this week, thank you thank you, the brilliant LIZ DEVIN will be putting on her mask and flattening the crap outta my jew-frizz over at ANDY LECOMPTE.
2. the good people at the mucho famoso Dr. Peter Bela Fodor invited me in to try the VASER system – a non-invasive fat removal system. well, if you can wrap your head around this one – we only could do my underarms as it appeared that day that i didn't have enough fat in my mid-section and my thighs house metal hip replacements and we couldn't do the VASER near those. so after a lovely lie down with the yummy warm massagy thing going back and forth on my arms like the best hot stone massage ever – the bat wings were measured and were 1/4 inch smaller. not bad! you are supposed to do a series of 4 or 5 treatments and this is supposed to be great for mid-section and thigh bulges. i am still freakin out over the LIPOSONIX i tried 6 weeks ago as they seriously is melting fat off my legs. wow. honestly, if you need to get rid of fat that spinning still has'nt touched in years, not up for anything invasive – this is IT. period, the end. it works.
3. a killler, organic, mineral sunscreen to protect your DNA from UVA rays is making me and my kids so happy. SOLEIL ORGANIQUE MINERAL SUNSCREEN MIST ($42). it makes putting sunscreen on fun. the spray is so cool – like a dry mist. absorbs quickly, smells amazing. in fact, we all can't get enough. and it's rated 45, water resistant, hypo allergenic, vegan and gluten free with green tea extract and eco sun complex. to die for.
4. if you're looking for a BRIGHT hot pink summer gloss – this is your baby. Anastasia's SEE AND BE SEEN set ($44) it comes with 2 serious almost neon pink and peachy glosses, a brow gel and duo eye shadow. summer glimmer at it's best.
5. tried a C02 laser two weeks ago. the motherlode of skin resurfacing. holy shizzy. if you have a down week where you can look like you've been in a hard-core plane crash and have some hypo or hyper-pigmentation, acne scars or fine lines you'd like to see blasting into oblivion, this is the treatment for you. NOT for the faint of heart. it hurts like a mutha (take the narco!) will frighten the crap outta your spouse, partner or kids, but crap it's totally worth it. i have the skin of a 2 year old. you CANNOT have just anyone do it! it's considered surgery (even though it's not technically, it's in office and you're up) and i only only only recommend DR. LEIF ROGERS and/or his P.A. VALERIE to perform it. not cheap either but if you have skin issues that you've been battling – this is for you.