The Prime Method's Jolie Kobrinksy's
10 Easy Steps to Get Your Glow, On Your Own.
As you may know, skin is the body’s largest organ – so it needs to be fed properly, rested, hydrated and nourished on a daily basis in order to get that “glow” and make it last. These 10 easy tips from Jolie Kobrinsky, expert trainer and co-founder of online, hollistic fitness and wellness program The Prime Method, have an instant pay off: In one week, you will notice a visible difference in the glow, tone and texture of your skin. But if you incorporate them into your lifestyle and follow them long-term, they will have far-reaching benefits for your overall health as well.
- HYDRATE WITH WATER: Drink 8 glasses (64oz) of water a day.
- DRINK AN “ANTIOXITINI”: Drink an “Antioxitini,” a.k.a. Green Smoothie, every day to get more fruits and vegies into your daily diet. Combating tired, dull skin is as simple as upping your intake of fruits and veggies. Studies show eating a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables makes you more attractive. There's no real downside to a produce-heavy diet – so this is just one more reason to eat more servings of fruits and vegetables, and it’s easy to get a higher total by drinking smoothies.
- DRY BRUSH: In addition to sloughing away dry skinon areas like knees, elbows and ankles, dry brushing your body promotes tighter skin, cell renewal and blood flow. This also helps the lymphatic system release toxins and aids in digestion and kidney function. It is one of the easiest, cheapest and most effective things we can do for promoting healthy skin.
- TRY A HOMEMADE FACIAL: There are plenty of options when it comes to selecting a homemade facial. Here is one I highly recommend and use myself: To make this refreshing mask, you need a half of ripe papaya, skinned and seeded. Mix together thoroughly and apply it to your face (avoid eyes and lips). Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. Why do I use these ingredients?
- Papaya: Papaya is known as a strong exfoliating agent
- Egg Whites: Egg Whites help in toning the skin
- Honey: Honey helps in moisturizing the skin.
- GET YOUR FILL OF OMEGAS: When possible, try to get omega-3 fatty acids from foods rather than supplements. Fish that are high in DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids include: Anchovies, bluefish, herring, mackerel, salmon (wild has more omega-3s than farmed), sardines, sturgeon, lake trout, and tuna. Many experts recommend eating these fish two to three times a week.
- SWEAT IT OUT: Exercise to a full sweat. Sweating is your body's way of helping to keep your skin clean. By sweating out accumulated toxins, your skin stays cleaner and, over time, will appear healthier than ever!
- BREATHE: Stress dries out the skin and can cause breakouts. Focus on deep breathingto relieve stress and the negative side-effects it can have on your skin.
- HIT THE STEAM ROOM: A steam will loosen debris in your skin, unclog your pores and give your face a deep cleaning. You will have healthier, softer and more glowing skin!
- LAUGH: When you laugh, your facialmuscles and your abdominal muscles get a work out! Most people ignore the facial muscles when they work out and stretch, but laughter is a fun and simple way to improve blood flow to the face. Having improved blood flow and movement in the face will add a healthy-lookingradiance to the facial skin, which will improve the tone of your skin.
- GET SOME SLEEP: Sleep allows the skin to restore its natural balance and increases the effectiveness of certain skin care ingredients, potentially providing more benefit to your skin. When you do not get enough sleep, your skin will show it – trust me!
About The Prime Method
The Prime Method is an innovative online fitness platform centered on vitality, energy and optimizing one's life and inspiring individuals to be their own fitness guru. The brainchild of expert trainers, Jennifer Devillers and Jolie Kobrinsky, The Prime Method is a long-term holistic health plan for real people who seek total body transformation through intelligent movement, eating well, and nurturing the mind. The Prime Method believes in combining all three aspects of complete wellness - MIND, MOVE and MUNCH - in a comprehensive online program that any one from the busy mom on the go, to the traveling professional, can access and practice, anywhere at anytime. Utilizing primal, simple tools such as bodyweight, clubs, kettle bells and yoga, The Prime Method empowers members to become their own personal trainers. By means of well-rounded workouts, customized nutritional plans and comprehensive progress reporting, users are able to achieve optimal results, whether at home or ! on-the-go.
About Jolie Kobrinsky
Jolie Kobrinsky is an expert trainer and co-founder of The Prime Method, an innovativeonline fitness platformthat offers a holistic approach to complete wellness. Jolie’s tips on health and fitness can be found on The Prime Method blog. Jolie is also the owner and personal trainer of Prime Personal Trainingin Monterey, California. She ! is committed to helping people who feel “stuck.” Jolie wants everyone to feel good, eat well, move optimally and dream big.